6 Natural Ways To Releive Sore Muscles, Aches and Pains Day #33 on My Journey To Wellness

 

 

Since I have been on my own personal journey to wellness I have increased my workouts.  While this is great I am experiencing a few aches and pains.  I tried quite a few thing to help with my aches and pains and I am sharing the natural remedies that have used that  work the best for me. 

Give them a try and let me know how they work for you! 

 

 Epsom Salts

My grandmother swore by Epsom Salts and she was right!  Just a cup or two of Epsom salt dissolved in a nice warm tub of water can sooth your sore and aching muscles.  The water should not be too hot and you should soak for at least 10 to 15 minutes.These salts are made from magnesium sulfate which help the muscles to relax and helps to pull out the excess fluids from the muscle tissue that cause the soreness and the swelling.

Warm Shower 

I love to take a warm shower after a great work out.  It truly relaxes the muscles and helps you to relax. Take a warm shower or bath it is great when it comes to helping you release tension especially in your shoulders and neck.  If you are experiencing swelling or bruising using an ice pack is very effective to reduce the soreness and swelling 

Essential Oils

I have used essential oils in the past to relieve muscle aches and pains.  They are wonderful.  My message therapist uses them during her messages.  Some of the oils I use are a blend of lemongrass with marjoram and basil.  My message therapist also uses for chamomile, peppermint,marjoram and lavender for muscle spasms and tension.  I use carrier oil to help with the potency of these oils.  Try about a tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil as your carrier and use about  two drops of your chosen essential oils.  Apply to the sore area.

 Magnesium

I have increased my magnesium in my diet because low levels of magnesium can cause general muscle aches and muscle cramps.  I make sure to eat black beans, dark green leafy vegetables, flax seeds,nuts and seeds, avocado, soy beans, dark chocolate, bananas and yogurt.    Blackstrap Molasses is also a wonderful source of magnesium. I have added Blackstrap Molasses to my coffee in the mornings for a quick blast of magnesium and caffeine! 

Apple Cider Vinegar (unfiltered)

I use one tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar (unfiltered) for every 9 ounces of water.  Some people like to just take it straight or to flavor the water with honey .  Apple Cider Vinegar is  great when it come to reducing your pain.


Organic Cherry Juice
Occasionally I drink organic cherry juice.  It is a bit tart but is effective when it comes to reducing pain and soreness that comes with exercise. 


Tune in the The Wellness Journey!  Great show about mind ,body spirit wellness for Women 40 and over. Click Here for dates and times 


Subscribe to Wellness Woman 40 and Beyond...Different Backgrounds, Same Journey E-Magazine - Great articles abut mind, body, spirit wellness for women over 40.  Click here to subscribe

Comments

Popular Posts