10 Ways I Stay Motivated To Achieve My Wellness Goals


some days we just aren't feelin' it...how can we get ourselves motivated?
 (goggle images)
 
Making a lifestyle change to stay healthier is always a challenge.  There are so many reasons NOT to make a change.  After all, most people get frustrated and demotivated to work out, to watch what they eat, to take out time to do something nice for themselves, and so many other things that we know we should do but don't. How do you stay motivated to do what you know you should for your mind, body, spirit connection?

I have thought about this a lot and there are a few things that I do to make my transition to a healthier and more holistic lifestyle. Try some of these, they will help!

  • Start your day in a positive way ...stay away from negativity
  • Listen to uplifting music,  play music that is fun and gives you joy
  • Affirmations!  I will not do without them! Start saying them everyday especially when you feel demotivated. They will get you going.
  • Find a friend (your hope carried) that will keep you up when you are feeling down and demotivated THEN, CALL THEM!!
  • "This too shall pass" when you are feeling demotivated know that this will not last ...recognizing this will begin to get you out of that mood
  • Start writing...journaling is such a great way to get out what you are feeling.  Don't hang on to those demotivating thoughts get them out, write them down and move on feeling better and ready to kick some butt!
  • Think about what will happen if you stay demotivated....NOTHING remember why you started this journey in the first place to make a change in your life for the better
  • Find your sticky notes - put sticky notes of scripture, affirmations, quotes that motivate and inspire you. Put them in places where you look everyday.  When that down and demotivating moment comes FIND THE STICKY NOTES AND READ THEM!
  • Go to your happy place...in your mind. Visualize your wellness goals and see yourself accomplishing each one.  See yourself as a success already and then get motivated to do what you need to do to make it happen.
  • Get out of you and go help someone else.  If you stop and get quiet God will direct you to someone who needs your help. Helping others always gets you out of a funk and the bonus is you feel better about you. 


I also allow my intuition to direct me when it comes to what is best for my wellness.  I have found that when I listen to that inner voice (Holy Spirit, God, Subconscious, whatever you may call it ...) that I am always led to what is best for my mind, body and spirit. 
To find out more about how to increase your intuition click here 

I have to take a minute out to talk about AFFIRMATIONS! Studies have shown that affirmations truly can help you rewire your thinking and help you to move forward in a positive way.  I know some folks out there are skeptics but here is what my experience has been with affirmations:



 Here are a few affirmations you may want to use...


MY WELLNESS PLAN TO KEEP ME ON TRACK WHEN I GET OFF TRACK!

For the last two days I really tried to eat the rainbow.  Seriously, I made meals that included all the colors of the rainbow.  Most of what I ate was raw but some food was cooked.  For ideas on how to eat the rainbow check out my "Eating The Rainbow Cookbook" located on the home page on the right side of my site.  Also, I didn't eat anything white, and actually made it through two days of less than 24 grams of sugar.  Evidently when you reduce your sugar to less than 24 grams a day and move at least 30 minutes a day you will drop pounds.   This is according to my guest Ed Forteau. Check out his great interview on "The Wellness Journey-LIVE!".   He gives some great practical tips on losing weight and getting fit.

Follow Me on Twitter
Check out my FB Fan Page for more tips
My Site

Comments

Popular Posts