4 Great Weight Loss Tips For Fabulous Women Over 40!

 goggle images
 
I know that weight loss is always a topic of discussion but it is especially a hot topic during this time of year. We all want to look great during the summer!  I too have been working on dropping a few pounds and have discovered 4 things that have really worked for me and I wanted to share them with you.
  • It's About Inches Not Pounds - this is so true.  I may be 10 lbs over weight and can still fit into my favorite pairs of jeans.  BUT if my thighs are rubbing together in the process...time to start looking at reducing inches. There are many exercises I do for reducing inches. I have found that one of the best involved 30 day challenges for hips and thighs is this one.  I lost two to three inches 



  •  Get Strong - Strength training is more important than most women over 40 realize. We need to make sure incorporate strength training because it can kick start your metabolism into high gear! Strength training is also effective in burning fat. Studies form the University of Maryland have found that strength training through lifting weights tones you quickly and increases calorie burn. In fact you can increase your calorie burn by 32% and you actually start to feel stronger after that first strength training session. One of the most effective strengthening exercise for me is the BURPEE. Yeah the one you might have done in junior high school.  Seriously...once you get over the "this is ridiculous" it really works quickly! Not as tough as you might think...Burpee Video - Give It a Try

  •  Make It HOT! -  Add mild peppers to your foods. They contain compounds that help erase up to 100 calories a day by binding to nerve receptors and sending fat-burning signals to your brain. Try adding Cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves,  garlic and apple cider vinegar that also increase your calorie burn.  


  • Flavored Water - I can't say enough about the necessity to drink lots and lots of water.  I drink about 68 ounces a day. What help me is to drink flavored water.  My absolute favorite is slices of lime, lemon and cucumber in a 32 ounce pitcher. I drink two to three pitchers a day!  This is also a great gentle detoxoifyer. 
I have a few more I will share with you on my next post...AND I will let you know how I am doing with my goal of dropping 10 lbs. 

Tune in to "The Wellness Journey-LIVE!" Every Tuesday and Thursday for great shows about wellness for the mind, body and spirit!

Read "Wellness Woman 40 and Beyond" E-Magazine for the latest on mind,body,spirit wellness for women over 40.

Tweet: 4 Tips for those of us over 40 who want to drop a few pounds!http://www.praiseworkshealthandwellness.blogspot.com/2014/06/4-great-weight-loss-tips-for-fabulous.

Comments

Popular Posts